Small chronicle to put the editorials in the historical context
4. February: Ordinance of the President of the Reich to protect the German people; the fundamental rights of Weimar Constitution, in particular freedom of assembly and the press are restricted
20. February: Secret meeting of February 20, 1933 Hitler with industrialists for financial campaign support
27. February: Reichstag fire on the night of February 28th
28. February Reichstag Fire Decree
March 3: The chairman of the KPD, Ernst Thalmann is arrested.
German Empire: The SPD newspaper Forward appears for the last time.
5. March: parliamentary elections, the NSDAP achieved over 43% of the vote.
March 13: Construction of the Reich Ministry of Publication and Propaganda
March 15: Austria: The Nationalrat is prevented by the federal government from using arms.
March 20: That Dachau concentration camp is established.
March 23: The German Reichstag passes it enabling act.
April 1: Organized by the National Socialists Boycott of Jewish businesses, Law firms and medical practices.